Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm Becoming Verklempt!

I'm really new to the world of writing, and can I just say, it was scary as hell to independently publish a book. I was convinced that it was either going to get ripped to shreds by super harsh reviews, or it would sell, like, two copies and then go down like the Titanic in the enormous sea of Amazon.com.
 
Neither of those things happened.
 
Ok, I'm NOT going to go all Sally Field and get all weepy and declare, "You like me! You really like me!" If I ever do that, somebody please smack me.
 
What I will say instead is that I have the best readers! I'm so grateful to all of you, and especially to those that have taken the time to leave positive reviews on Amazon, and to email me and tell me you enjoyed Way Off Plan. It means so much to me, you have no idea.
 
I got this wonderful email today, and I just had to share it:
 
"Hello, so I just had to e-mail you and be a total fan-boy over your book! I loved the idea of the cop falling for the criminal, it seemed very taboo and that was really what had me at first. But then I actually read the story! Definitely did not disappoint! It was so romantic, and cute, with just enough action in there; seriously I've re-read it at least three times already. But anyways! Anxious to read "All In" and hope to be able to pick it up soon!"
 
Best. Email. Ever!
 
You totally made my day. And you made me want to keep writing. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart!
 
By the way, for those of you that have asked, I've finished writing All In, the second book in the Firsts & Forever series, and it's now in the editing phase. I hope to have it up on Amazon by the end of February. And I just may have another goodie for you in the next few weeks, so stay tuned! ;)