Wednesday, March 19, 2014

From a reader...

Sometimes my readers send me emails that really touch my heart. That happened today.

I got a message from twenty-four-year-old Joe, who's marrying his true love Jonathan this summer. Here's what he had to say about their relationship:

"...I'm getting married to my fiance Jonathan in August. We've been together for 2 years now. We used to work together 5 years ago... (we couldn't stand each other then) and somehow reconnected. It's our own amazing crazy love story. Now we're getting married!"

How cute is that?! Here's the part that made me tear up, that's how much it meant to me:

"When I do my vows there's one thing I want to put in them that means the world to me and is something I always felt towards him but never could put into words. I hope it's okay that I use a line from your book:

I missed nothing, and I know that for a fact because I have absolutely everything right here. You astonish me, you fulfill me and care for me, you make me feel so incredibly loved and I'll spend every day of the rest of my life trying to make you as happy as you make me."*

I'm absolutely honored and humbled that he'd want to include something I wrote in his vows as he weds the love of his life!

Thank you, Joe, for paying me the highest compliment imaginable. I wish you and Jonathan a lifetime of happiness!


*Kieran to Christopher at the end of In Pieces